Hey, guys welcome to Aajkyabanega where we provide easy recipes what to make today. If you are searching for an Easy dum aloo recipe then you are in the right place.
Dum aloo recipe is very popular in India and it is made with the small baby potatoes which are fried and then added to the rich gravy which is very mouthwatering and delicious in taste.
Without any further do let’s go to our recipe of popular and easy Kashmiri dum aloo recipe.
Easy Dum Aloo Recipe
Easy Dum Aloo Recipe | Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe
- 6-8 Pieces Dry Chilies
- ½ kg Potatoes Small
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 6-8 pieces Cashew Nuts
- 1 tbsp Dry coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 2-3 pieces Cloves
- 2-3 pieces Green Cardamom
- 6-8 pieces Black peper
- 1 piece Cinamon small
- 1 tbsp Dry ginger powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Red chilies powder
- ½ tbsp Garam masala
- Salt according to taste
- 1½ tbsp Fresh green coriander leaves chopped
- First of all, take 6-8 dry red chilies and pour it into lukewarm water. Put this to rest for 5-10 minutes. Now make this a fine paste.
- Now put a pan on gas and make it hot and now take one tablespoon cumin seeds, one tablespoon fennel seeds, one tablespoon dry coriander seeds, 6-8 black pepper, one piece of cinnamon,2-3 green cardamom and 2-3 cloves now roast it dry.
- Then make a fine paste of these things into the mixer. Now take two cup yogurt into a big utensil and whipped it nicely.
- Now take red chile paste into yogurt and mix it well, now take dry roasted spices powder into a bowl and now take one tablespoon dry ginger powder, one tablespoon turmeric powder, and half tablespoon garam masala and mix it well.
- After that take 1/2 kg small potatoes and peel it and wash it well. Now hot oil into a kadhai and fry these potatoes. Cook these potatoes till it became golden on low flame.
- Now poke the potatoes with a fork. Now take 6-8 cashew nuts and wet it into lukewarm water now make this a fine paste, now take this paste and mix it into yogurt mixture.
- Then put a kadhai on gas pour three-tablespoon oil and make it hot. Now take one tablespoon red chilies powder, dry roasted spices powder and yogurt mixture pour these things into the kadhai and mix it well.
- Now cook this on a medium flame for two to three minutes and don’t put the flame on high and cook it on medium flame till it leaves the oil.
- Then take half a cup of water and salt according to taste and mix it well and now cover it and cook it for five minutes.
- Finally, mix fried potatoes into it and cook it for five minutes. Now turn off the gas and garnish it with green coriander leaves and serve it hot.
If you like the dum aloo recipe then please share with your friends and family and comment if you have any suggestions and questions, thank you.